1. Do you have any tips on organising yourself for work/ school/ college?
- I try to make my lunch the night before and have my bag packed so it's all good to grab.
- I write lists of the things I might need for the day on a whiteboard opposite my bed so it's the first thing I look at when I wake up so I know where to look and can mentally check them off.
- I make sure I put my Oyster card in the same place
- I make people around me aware if I need something important to be reminded about.
2 how do you deal with chaos?
- Try and work out why chaos has happened and what you could do differently.
- Find something positive to do to build your confidence back up later
- Sleep- it often takes dyspraxic people 10x more effort to carry out simple day to day tasks to a high standard this can be very tiring, make sure you get enough sleep.
- Spend time with a pet/take a dog for a walk
- Have a hug never underestimate the power of a hug
- Tomorrow is another day
3. How do you deal with sensory overload when in crowds/busy places
- Choose your time to go
- Listen to music to block out the noise of busy crowds
- Plan journeys in good time
- Have a copy of your journey saved on your phone.
- Make people you're close with aware of these needs.
4. How do you not loose things?
- Have specific places for things like phone purse etc
- Have special places in a bag/handbag to keep certain things
- Don't overload bags with things you don't need.