Wednesday 7 October 2015

Encouragement

As it's dyslexia awareness week this week, dyspraxia awareness week next week and world mental health day on Saturday, I thought it would be nice to do a blog about the value of encouragement. I recently blogged about beating yourself up and I always think whatever your age a few words of encouragement giving someone support, confidence, or hope can really make  someone's day and make them feel reassured.

We're all different so to one person may be encouraging to another person it might not work at all, so it's important to get to know the individual to find out what can give someone a little boost, whether it be a little bit of praise after someone has done something they find difficult or challenging, words of positivity  to keep going and build them up, or something as simple as giving a stranger a smile in the street. Everyone is fighting a battle, or going through something, often which we have no idea about, or no idea of the big picture of what might be going on, so a little act of kindness can really mean a lot. I know for me personally the little words of encouragement when I've been struggling or going through a difficult time have helped me believe in myself a little more.


The power of encouragement should never be underestimated, it can help boost self esteem and confidence, and rationalise anxieties, whilst reassuring someone that they aren't as bad as their mind might be telling them when they're beating themselves up. Encouragement can give people with hidden differences such as dyslexia and dyspraxia that whilst some things may be tricky and difficult and some always be, that they can achieve, succeed in their own way and have something to offer to the world to help make a difference and  most importantly put a smile on their face. Nothing makes me smile more in life than making other people smile and seeing them happy.

To any of you having a bit of a rubbish day or struggling today, I just wanted to say how proud I am for you fighting this far, this feeling will pass and you can get through it, you're stronger than you think you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Things take time

Hi everyone I hope you're well? I first began to write this blog back before the first lockdown and have recently got around to re-editi...